I ______________________ ___________ ___________ __________
(Email address)_______ ___________ ___________ __________
(Telephone number)_______ ___________ ___________________
am adopting a homeless dog named _______________ from Ohio Puppy Rescue, Inc. (also doing business as Central Ohio Dog Rescue League). Herein the organization will be called OPR/CODRL. Adoption Donation: ___________
OPR/CODRL will deliver custody and possession of this animal to owner on the condition that owner will comply with all of the following:
If adopting a puppy that is unaltered due to age or medical condition, owner agrees to have puppy altered by six months of age. Documentation of this surgery must be provided by date on provided Medical Record. Adopter acknowledges that until this operation has been accomplished, his/her adoption of the dog is not complete and that OPR/CODRL has the right to and will reclaim the dog if altering is not performed.
Your dog/puppy is altered ______________ Your puppy is due for altering by: _____________
• If, for any reason, owner should not be able to keep this dog, owner is obligated to return the dog to OPR/CODRL. Owner may NOT release ownership of this animal to any other person or agency without consent from OPR/CODRL.
• Owner acknowledges the right of any officer or agent of OPR/CODRL to immediately remove the animal from the owner’s premises if any of the following conditions or promises is violated. Owner further grants permission to any officer or agent of OPR/CODRL to enter the owner’s premises, at any time, to investigate compliance with the below listed terms and/or for the purpose of retaking possession, custody and ownership of the dog. In each case, entry shall not constitute a trespass. Furthermore, owner promises to surrender the dog and ownership to said individual or agent upon demand.
• To keep this animal as a house pet and companion and to keep the pet strictly indoors unless under owner’s secured control and supervision on a leash or in a securely fenced yard;
• To provide proper food, shelter, water and humane treatment for this animal at all times;
• To make every effort to recover a lost animal, and to immediately notify OPR/CODRL in the event the animal is lost, stolen or dies or if the owner’s address or phone number changes.
• To immediately procure veterinary care, if the animal is sick or injured, and obtain all necessary inoculations annually, or, to immediately return the animal to OPR/CODRL
• To walk the dog on a leash and not allow it to run free in an unsecured area.
• To keep a collar and identification tag on the dog at all times.
• To license the dog according to state and local laws and ordinances and to keep the license tag on its collar.
• Liquidated damages, attorney fees and court costs:
• Owner agrees to pay OPR/CODRL the sum of $500 as liquidated damages in the event the terms of this contract were wrongfully breached by owner. Owner agrees to pay reasonable attorney fees and court costs in the event this matter requires the services of an attorney for OPR/CODRL to enforce the terms and conditions of this contract.
• There will be no refunds of adoption fee or expenses incurred by owner from OPR/CODRL after possession has been taken.
• Owner understands that OPR/CODRL makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee as to the size at maturity, health or disposition of any dog because OPR/CODRL is uncertain of its background. OPR/CODRL inquires of known owners whether their animal bites, otherwise OPR/CODRL makes no representation, guarantee or warranty that the animal does not bite. Owner also understands that the dog has displayed no evidence of illness or health problems during its stay with OPR/CODRL, unless indicated in the "Medical History Form" if so noted.
I understand that by signing this contract, I am taking sole responsibility of the rescue animal. OPR/CODRL is not liable or responsible for any damage to persons or property once this contract is signed. I am signing and adopting the animal of my own free will and not under duress of any kind. If the animal is being neglected or abused, OPR/CODRL reserves the right to reclaim the dog immediately.
My signature below verifies that I have read and agreed to all the conditions and terms outlined in this contract.
OPR/CODRL Representative _____________________________________________________________Date ________________